• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Voice. Have you got 1 minute and 15 secs to spare?

Mar 10, 2016 Mar 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love Voice.  Especially when it's a kid doing it.  For all you Girl Scout Cookie lovers out there!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2016 Mar 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an international techo innovation program for young girls.  Caroline West here in Duesseldorf is heading up the local program. She and the girls she are building an app.  Caroline asked me if I would be able to sit down with one of the girls who is designing the logo.  So on Monday I sat down with a 12 year old.  She brought an Intuos, however without a computer.  Luckily I brought my Cintiq Companion 2 full of all my Adobe tools!  For an hour I showed her how she could do more things to her logo.  It was a fun afternoon....

I would show her something and then I would let her take the pen and try it for herself.  She enjoyed seeing that she could do the little things that I was teaching her.

The program is called "Technovation".  And there supposed to be groups all over the world.  So there might be a local program where you can also volunteer some time.

I think any program that helps inspire youth is worthwhile donating some time in order to help out.

I will share the link for Adobe Voice and Slate with them!  Maybe they can find it useful as well.

Kenn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also when will there be an Android version of Voice and Slate?  Because I am so anti-APPLE, that I will never buy and Apple product ever again.

From a marketing outlook.... I think when things have a big release on Apple, by the time it reaches the hype is over and there is something new.  A prime example of this is the I MADE A FACE app.  Everyone who had Apple products was adding the avatar they created to all their social media feeds.  Android users were not happy that they were left out.  And they complained on Facebook.... a year or so later I Made A Face was released on Android.  By that time no one cared about the app any more.

So as company creating apps for creatives.... I ask please do not forget us Android users.  We want to be part of the fun!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I really love Adobe Voice, and as Tricia said, when kids are the narrators, it's precious! My grand daughter was working on a 2nd grade project where she had to "invent" a product made from sustainable rain forest materials. She chose to make some orange chocolate candies! We hd almost as much fun making the Voice presentation, which was her advertisement, as we did making the candies (which turned out well!)

Here's the Voice presentation we made:

https://voice.adobe.com/a/WAJ6e/

I Tried to embed here, but unfortunately it looks like Jive doesn't take embed code from Adobe.com. A shame!

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonderful! Thank you for sharing. I re-treeted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble converting a pdf file to word

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have imposed the software on the functioning of my system (Not you personally).  This "Home" page makes it hard to actually contact a person.  I really don't even know who you are, your position or function.  I just search well enough to get to a person.  I should not have to go through layers or forums and "Support" that loops back to places where communication is a game of hide and seek.

I opened ths up to check it out and I can no linger go directly to word and perform things like cut and paste or manipulate the data.  Even if not with all the bling or this product.  I am a returning adult female.  I am not a "Whiz" kid.  I don't need to do half of the functions.  I can't even engage the text read and I have a disability.

Please understand that I resend, revoke or otherwise decline any and all previous authorizations, warrenties, expressed or implied and unless this program has direct ownership of the specific document, I want them restored to the appropriate PDF file.

This program is nice but I don't need half the functions and I can't pay these fees.  I pay about $200 a month is subscriptions for my school.

Regards

D.H.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, I'm so sorry you're having trouble with our software.  Please let me know which particular software you are using so I can move your post to the Adobe product forum to be answered by our experts.  This is the social forum for non-technical discussions.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines