• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what app do I need for editing my scanned single frame cartoons.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I draw single frame cartoons. I scan then need to fill in colors or shades of black and white and edit them. would like to make them vector images as well.

My CS5 Photoshop stopped working when I upgraded my Mac OS.  Unemployed and disabled, I really can't afford to buy it again, but need to know if it's my best option. Tried Elements but it didn't do what I needed. Please email me if you can help.

Jack

[Email removed as per forum policy.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For vector graphics, if you can't afford to buy an annual subscription to Adobe Illustrator or CorelDRAW, try open source Inkscape, it's free.

I'm moving this from Community (forum) Help to The Lounge.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try Krita. Krita is brilliant for comic and cartoon work, and similar in approach as Photoshop. Krita has good vector tools, and excellent drawing and painting tools (arguably beyond the ones in Photoshop). Works well with Inkscape for more advanced vector editing (export/import as SVG).

The best thing: Krita is open source and free! I use it for most of my comics work and love it.

[external link removed by mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines