• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What do you use for record keeping and invoicing?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2016 Mar 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all-

I was taught the very old school way... I track job numbers in a Word doc, and use a basic spreadsheet for record keeping, and use a Word temp for invoicing. Now that I have a larger volume of work, this is no longer feasible. Other than QuickBooks, what are some of the apps you designers use for such?

Possible that Adobe may create something like this for the CC?

Just curious to hear everyone's thoughts and insight on what recording keeping app you utilize.

Cheers!

Lesley Quesada

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using FIleMaker with the free FM Starting Point templates: FM Starting Point - Free FileMaker Template by RCC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I personally use Billings Pro for all my project tracking and invoicing. It's by Market Circle and also is cloud based so it nicely syncs between your devices and computers.

Only negative is that it is available on Mac only but it is fantastic. I have been using it for  over 5 years now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying quite a few systems over the years, four years ago I moved from my second favorite, FreshBooks, and I started hosting my own invoicing and estimating system using the open source system Invoice Plane https://wiki.invoiceplane.com/en/1.0‌. I love it. It has lots of features for my clients and me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I'm not fully freelance, I get by with Excel (spit, spit) for my book-keeping and, like Brad, use Billings Pro for my invoicing/client records.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I designed my own custom solution in FileMakerPro about 12 years ago. Still works great as I have kept it updated. Integrates well with other applications, prints great reports for my accountant and is cross platform, runs on mobile devices and even can be web enabled to enter info through a browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Getgekko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 25, 2016 Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am a geek but as one designer I use a notepad with a pen of date, start and stop times and add them up when it is time to bill. It's one less screen to deal with and it works fantastically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines