• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I find a link to a really great "photoshop for novices" type of article?

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I find a link to a really great "Photoshop for novices" type of tutorial, video or article that gives a step by step instructions?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YouTube for free ones ....

And there is many many commercial ones out there. Just Google Photoshop Tutorials and you will get tons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Anthony,

Welcome! We also created this Ps for Beginners forum that is full of great info for folks getting started with the software Photoshop for Beginners.

Enjoy,

Rani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2016 Jan 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the Photoshop Classroom in a Book and found it very useful. Kindle edition is a bit cheaper. And i'm always watching Youtube videos, Terry White has some good videos on there, but there are many others that are great as well.

A criticism of the books though is though they tell you WHAT to do ( "Press this button, enter these values" etc)  often they don't elaborate on WHY you are doing it. Same for some of the videos. So you get the end result that the lesson is teaching you, but often you are a bit clueless as to how you have arrived at the end result. But over the course of the lessons you do improve your workflow and memorise some useful key shortcuts. And get to know Photoshop a bit better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 17, 2016 Jan 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Anthony,

You can check out my website if you like. I have a bunch of video that can help out beginners.
https://photoshoptrainingchannel.com

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines