• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where Has This Music Been Used?

Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just watched the last episode of Stephen King's 'The Outsider' the closing credits of which play out to Washington Square by The Villiage Stompers.  If you don't know the name, then you'll probably recognise the tune.  What is now driving me crazy is trying to remember where else I have heard it?   I'm thtinking it was in either a Clint Eastwood Spaghetti western or maybe a Charles Bronson western.  Does that ring any bells?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was used in Dexter, but no idea in what episode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I love that song despite the bittersweet memories it holds.  "Washington Square" hit the top 100 singles chart in November 1963, the same week JFK was assassinated.   Whenever I hear it,  I'm reminded of Presidential motorcades and funerals.  Weird, huh!

Legendary film score composer Ennio Morricone wrote most if not all the music for Sergio Leone's classic spaghetti westerns:  A Fistfull of DollarsThe Good, the Bad & the Ugly, and my personal favorite Once Upon A Time in the West.   AFAIK, Moricone never used "Washington Square" in any of his film scores.  But there's a similiarity to his simple banjo/whistle melody in "Farewell to Cheyenne" and the haunting "Harmonica Man."

Movie Trailer

Farewell to Cheyenne

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines