• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where to go to find clients in need of custom designed/developed fillable interactive PDF forms

Engaged ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In searching the entire Adobe support community for a general discussion forum, I'm assuming the Lounge is it, so here goes. Correct me if I'm wrong but for one who has been designing/developing Javascript enhanced fillable interactive PDF forms using Acrobat since its debut in 1993, fast forward 20 plus years and while the IRS and State governments have significantly improved their online tax forms in PDF format, they still leave much to be desired. In contrast, I still see the need for properly designed/developed fillable, interactive PDF forms in both the public and private business sectors including but not limited to health care, insurance, building construction, etc. whereby these industries more often than not continue to rely on dinosaur technology such as fax machines and the USPS. In reality, my biggest pet peeve is the time taken to accomplish most common everyday tasks in several or more hours that can realistically be done in a fraction of the time without sacrificing quality with much better results not to mention an overall increase in productivity. Case in point, I recently finished converting a static order form used by a fire sprinkler supply company into a Javascript enhanced fillable PDF form that I could teach an 8-year old how to use. The end result is that what normally took anywhere from several hours to a day or more to print and manually complete, then scan to convert back to a static PDF to email or simply mail now takes 10-15 minutes to complete the form using the free Adobe Reader, add a digital signature to the signature field provided that also renders the completed form read-only as intended. While I can provide countless examples to fill a book (don't worry, I don't intend to do so), another typical example and one of my favorite though not one I enjoyed experiencing at the time had to do with my sending my doctor's office a fillable, interactive PDF form in an email file attachment to be completed and signed by my doctor using the digital signature field provided. Apart from my having converted the static PDF into a Javascript enhanced fillable interactive PDF, I even went so far as to enter the data for the doctor such as his name, license, and other form fields for his review leaving only the need for his signature. Imagine my surprise when the doctor's office called to let me know my form had been signed and was ready for pickup (an hour drive one-way). However, they informed me that they could also fax or mail the form. Gee, thank you. In short, forget the fax as I don't own one, never have. As far as I'm concerned fax machines should have been relegated to the nearest dump site over 20 years ago. As for the USPS, you've got to be kidding! That said, I rest my case which brings me to the question namely, any suggestions for finding clients in need of streamlining their business forms through the use of digital technology? In reality, I am beginning to think that the majority of those working in both the public and private business sectors are simply too content, complacent, lazy, and set in their ways to change what they're doing so long as they have a job. As for corporate, my perception is as long as they continue to make money and generate a positive cash flow, why rock the boat? With the pandemic and all, I would have anticipated a totally different mindset. Then again, considering essential businesses like healthcare, looking for ways to streamline the administrative part of the business is probably the furthest thing from their mind. Sorry for the rant people. Unfortunately, I am just disappointed and disillusioned given the need and what I perceive to be little to no interest in what digital forms technology has to offer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are offering to help people with their code, the Acrobat forum would seem to be the place

To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to market your services, however, these forums are not really the place. There are thousands of Adobe customers with marketable services, and the forums would soon be swamped. Sometimes a little self publicity is tolerated after a few tens of thousands of useful replies, so long as it continues to only be relevant to genuine questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please re-read my initial post. I am not looking nor am I asking to market my services on the Adobe Forum. I can assure you that is not my intention not to mention it's a no-brainer that the ADobe Forums were not intended for individuals like myself to market their services. I was just looking for recommendations/suggestions for finding those who may be in need of streamlining their business forms. Also, please re-read the title of my initial post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines