Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Who are we? Not just Adobe

Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do we do except Adobe?

Love to know - what other things we do to make life more interesting.

Will start: I love movies, I can go to 3-4 movies a day. We usually do double feature if we can.

I love food (you can see from my pictures)  I have a small catering company "GFC: Good Food Catering)

We caters birthday parties, weddings, Bar Mitzva..etc. It is not Kosher. But can be Kosher style if needed.

Love to Dance. I am part of a Dance Club created with my friends. We meet every Wednesday night (girls only)

and dance for 2 hours (checkout my Facebook page: Fifty shades of Sixty Dance Club)

Love to lough. Joke. have a good time as much as I can. Life is short!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I enjoy life with two retired-racing greyhounds. (Racing career of three years on average, but a lifespan of 10-15 years...they gotta go somewhere!) They are so chill and relaxed. Greyhounds spend most of their day just lying in their beds. (Speaking of the beds they are now all over the house because the big ol' woofles want to be in the same room with me, but need to lie down and I'm a softie...)

I enjoy crafting fine cocktails. Mixing flavors/textures/garnish/glassware to make something that looks and tastes amazing is so much fun!

I also enjoy dancing in a way. I participate with the Zumba they do at my church a couple of times a week.

I really enjoy the outdoors. Swimming in a Mayan cave in the Caribbean, hiking from base to summit at Pike's Peak, exploring the Nevada deserts, roaming the moors in southwest England...if it's outside in nature, count me in!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A large part of my life has been Adobe, or at least using the apps. But I do enjoy doing anything creative, making things. I haven't had a lot of time to do this, but I enjoy woodworking, working with stained glass and tile. I wanted to get into doing black smith work, but never got around to making a forge, but I do know how to weld.

My daughter was into horses for many years, so I became involved with them, as we used to have two, but one had to be put down due to cancer a little over a year ago. We still have one horse. Now that my daughter is moving away to attend college, I'm going to be spending more time with the horse. I'm not a good rider, but I enjoy interacting with them and going on an occasional trail ride. The pony and I have come to an understanding. He is very smart and knows that I don't know what I'm doing. He no longer takes me though low hanging branches and thorny bushes, but he also will not canter for me, unless we are doing barrel races, which he likes.

I also enjoy construction work. This is one area that can ruin a marriage, but my wife and I seem to thrive on it. We did an addition to our house, where I drew up the plans, did most the demo, all the electrical, and all the cabinetry, tiling, and other finish work. I manage an apartment for my parents, so I'm often rehabbing an apartment to rent. We recently brought a condo for our daughter, rather than have to pay rent for her to attend college. I spent several weeks rehabbing that.

I'm fascinated with sea life, and was going to go into marine zoology, but heard it was hard getting a job, so I became a photographer - so much easier making it in that profession - ha! I used to SCUBA dive, but haven't in decades - miss that.

I used to also enjoy playing instruments: tuba, baritone, and electric bass, but haven't done that for a while either - not enough time for everything!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I am still trying to figure out who I am... college with major in Fine Arts, production manager for a local newspaper, taught at college in NH, worked for couple of advertising agencies, started my own design business which lasted longer than any of the other attempts. Now at last back to my Fine Art degree and still work with few clients on the design end. Computers entered my business after there were a few apps that promised to speed up the process which was beyond the normal "cut and paste." Adobe was mainly ATM and fonts (remember paying $395.00 for one font)- guess that helps to date me! How things have changed! Like Chuck, I also am a welder as my Masters degree is in sculpture and guess this really says why I am hooked on 3D and the ability to visually travel- thus Ps, Ai, Ae, An mainly and others thrown in! I have always been an intuitive person so delving into Adobe works as long as I can explore on my own and while I understand that there are criteria and certain rules for the process I have to be able to go my own way. The journey with Adobe has been and is awesome and has lead me into roads that I never would have thought but happy to travel. One wish: that I could find more time within the day to traverse all that Adobe offers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has taken up a significant part of my life! I do have hobbies - one is digital scrapbooking - using the Adobe apps! The other is art. I picked up a pencil a few years ago and started drawing. I trade artist trading cards with people all over the world. I trade on Illustratedatcs.com if anyone is interested... It's tons of fun and now my office is full of art supplies - acrylic paint and Copic Markers . I also love Disney. I love to trade Disney pins, I have an awesome trip all planned for Sept. with my cousin - no husband or kids allowed. I have a 16 and 12 yr old, so they don't need me much anymore, giving me time to do art. I wish I could actually make a living doing art and do it all the time. As for Adobe, I've been using Photoshop since version 1 and have made computer games, owned a web design business, owned a photobook company and now I teach. Teaching has been so slow.... good for art, not so good for Disney trips . I'm considering an actual job... too lazy to really look for one and hoping the perfect one just falls in my lap ;P.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist><br />Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2016 Jul 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can connect with me on LinkedIn.

I worked in film/tv/advertising/print.... in production, as a creative, and as talent for 13 years in NYC!  You may have even seen me on tv!  Especially on Nickelodeon. But you can find me on a Lonely Island Saturday Night Live Music Video as well... not naming it here as it has an inappropriate title... Hey it is SNL, it is not meant to be PG!

I now live in Germany. Do a lot with Adobe and Wacom... also have written for Advanced Photoshop Magazine and Photoshop Creative Magazine.

Just hosted a big Adobe Creative Meet Up & Networking Conference in Duesseldorf!  Fun stuff.

Also love Social Media, Analytics, and all the fun stuff relating to PR, Marketing, Brandnig, Advertising, etc.

Love movies and TV... a little behind since I moved abroad.... but have my favorite shows!  TWD for example!

Other than that I am fun person who likes to get out and explore try new things and have adventures!  Lucky my wife is the same type of person... as we try to visit new places all the time with our WHIPPET!!!!!

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines