Who can I contact at Adobe to pitch an idea for an app?

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have a really strong idea that I feel could be developed into an App (Especially within Creative Cloud). I have no technical experience in software development but would like to explore sharing this idea with the Adobe Product Development Team in the hope it could be developed in the future.

Who would I need to contact in order to do this? 

Any advice gratefully received

[Moved by moderator from Creative Cloud to The Lounge.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply to my question.....I suppose my follow up question becomes...without a confidentiality agreement, how am I protected from Adobe just taking my idea and running with it. My aim here is to make my involvement a financial one. 

My goal would be to act in a paid consultancy role in developing the app.....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you'll need to contact adobe off its website.  google adobe hq address/phone.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" how am I protected from Adobe just taking my idea and running with it"

Hire an attorney for advice.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also a wise idea.

Now some companies may or may not speak to you if you do this. 

Pitching anything be it an app or script or idea for a product can be a difficult process.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An idea without a working prototype is nebulous territory, more like a feature request.  That and $2.75 will get you a ride on the NY subway.   Suggest you hire an app developer under NDA to evaluate whether or not your idea is workable and then go from there.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would a basic working clunky prototype do..? i.e one that uses existing tools in combination with one another

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really can't say because I don't know anything about your idea.  But I suppose all things being equal, a clunky prototype is better than no prototype. 

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree with Nancy.  One needs a working prototype and have it copywritten.  Or have it licensed if that makes sense.  Pitching any app without doing this gets hard.

I worked at Viacom and other people would pitch TV ideas... then Viacom would say oh we are working on something like that already.  Also, if you were working for them they could claim that your creation was owned by them since you were working for the company.  So I am always careful in regards to pitching ideas. 

If you can not build a working prototype... then I would make sure you document your idea.  Get a copyright on the documented idea.... then also do a poor man's copyright.  This is where you send yourself a printed version of your idea.  The documentation.  YOU NEVER OPEN THIS.  It will have the post date on the envelope.  Now this is not valid in all states.  But it does save you. 

Now if you just want to be simply be a nice person and give a company an idea for a new product you can.  But if it has potential to earn money then I would consider documenting the idea first... or get a working prototype going.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines