• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do these forums have both "Like" and "Helpful" buttons?

LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title says. These are primarily support forums, so overwhelmingly any time I like a post, it's because I found it to be helpful. But I assume Adobe had Very Good Reasons for implementing these two seemingly-redundant buttons, so whenever it does occur to me to use them, I worry that I'm using them wrong. Since I dislike both worrying and doing things wrong, as a result I pretty much never use either of them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would guess that it's to mimic social media websites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know the "Helpful" button actually adds to someone's score on the forums.

Did that help? If you think I'm helpful, you can click that little button!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Adobe rents the forum software from Jive, I would guess this question is really for the Jive programmers... who sometime seems to be trying to emulate Facebook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can LIKE a response for a lot of reasons.  Maybe it was funny.  Or perhaps it said something the OP had not asked about.   But is it HELPFUL?  I don't know.  You be the judge of that.

Correct Answers are usually awarded by the OP.  Or sometimes a moderator will mark a Correct Answer even if it's not THE Correct Answer.  That's where HELPFUL can be well... er... helpful.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nancy, I liked your response, and also found it helpful. Took the words out of my mouth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines