• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Adobe not have pre-sales "salespeople" to try to sell their products? Thanks. :)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imagine going to any retail business, and being told, "We have too many customers. So, you customers ask each other pre-sales questions, and hopefully

you'll get discouraged but not discouraged enough not to buy anything. Instead, you'll just stop bothering us with sales questions, and order the product. Okay, get lost. We're busy."

It's a unique business strategy, but how does it work in the long-term?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nelsonkane  wrote

Mainly, I think, because their products are used in the production of nearly every type of media you encounter.  It's like why do you never see advertisements for pencils or paint brushes or automobile manufacturing facilities?  Usually if you need to be convinced to purchase something it's because it's something you don;t really need.  People who need Adobes products know that they need it.  It's not a choice.  People who need it don't need to be sold on it because there's really no alternatives.  If you're not sure whether or not you need Adobes products, then you don't need them.  But maybe you were really asking something else?

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answers. But if you do an internet search, you'll see some people who are very dissatisfied with Adobe, the company.

I'll leave it at that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool.  I had a feeling this was not really a question.  I've gone ahead re-marked it as as a discussion.  But feel free to express your dissatisfaction with Adobe.  Lord knows I've taken them to task in the past myself.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gutterfish  wrote

Lord knows I've taken them to task in the past myself.

No you haven't!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You can't be serious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of their big 3 Photoshop is the only one that currently HAS viable alternatives for a professional.

And Dreamweaver has always had alternatives...for example ANY text editor.

AS for you telling me what I have and haven't done in the past?  All I can say is stop behaving like a troll.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nelsonkane  wrote

But if you do an internet search, you'll see some people who are very dissatisfied with Adobe, the company.

That's so naive.  Every successful company has naysayers.  Microsoft, Apple, Amazon, Google....  It comes with the teerritory.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

John Lydgate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woah!  Here I was about to tell the OP about Adobe's ten million Creative Cloud subscribers, but I  thought I'd back it up with a link  to Jim's Pro Design Tools article, and I am  'well' out of date.  It is estimated that there now more than 15,000,000 creative Cloud subscribers!    The subscription  total is growing  at a rate of nearly one million per quarter or 57,000 new customers a week.  

There is no credibility in arguing that Adobe make substandard products, or that a high percentage of their customers are dissatisfied.

I'd love to know what percentage of that total have the $10/month Photography plan.   Scott Kelby drove that decision, so if it was half, then Scott has helped drive a revenue stream of (15,000,000 / 2) X (10 X 12) = just short of a billion dollars.  I hope they buy him something nice for Christmas every year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

nelsonkane  wrote

But if you do an internet search, you'll see some people who are very dissatisfied with Adobe, the company.

Hi Nelson,

If you extend your internet search to “internet trolls”, you may find your answer. It’s hard for us to differentiate between the trolls and those who really have a grief, so we try to treat them all with respect here in this forum.

How Trolls Are Ruining The Internet | Time.com 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also all adobe product can be use in trial mode for several days so you can test it to be sure it fit your need, so use it in trial i think it's better that some salespeople try to explain for you what you can do with adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Lounge forum as this is not a request for technical help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All monopolies die one day.  At present we have 3 companies dominating - Microsoft, Google and Adobe (for photoshop mainly) but we are seeing some changes.  Adobe had Dreamweaver dominating in the web industry but now more and more people are using some form of CMS packages or using free editors such as "vs Code" or Atom.  Therefore, only the photoshop is still dominating the market.  The other creative Cloud packages are almost identical and only the most dedicated user would get the complate package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think they need to convince people to buy their products anymore. They are actually at  that phase of life cycle where you don't need advertisers but advertisers need you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I interpret the title of this thread to mean...

" Why Doesn't Adobe Advertise ? "

And those ads would try to brand the company ( brand being a fancy new word meaning, " image of company being nice and good and smart and fantastic re: supporting buyers of the product(s) ) 

Advertising is a nice subject to yap about because it's always changing over the years. It's probably part of a big University Course ( degree ) program.

I've noticed that some advertising has been made to sell the latest Apple iPhones. Also I see ads promoting the carnivorous desire to eat McDonald's hamburgers or chicken things.  But I am living in a certain place ( sorta between suburban and rural ) in the U.S. Maybe Adobe advertises but I just don't see them.

Who knows.

If you like making certain things and you like some product you use to make it... and meet a friend who wants to also make the same sort of stuff... then you can tell them about what you use. This is called 'Advertising by word of mouth' ...

Probably the best way for a good responsible reliable company to get new customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

You can actually go on the website and they have promotional videos about most of the applications, which are kind of like adverts.

I agree with the previous comments in the thread that Adobe customers usually know that it's the only thing they can use. But there are a few competitors to some applications, but not with the same capabilities, nor the same integrated links to other applications and Adobe products (e.g. easier export to another Adobe app, or Stock which is build into apps).

But, there is a type of "pre-sales salespeople" because you can go on the chat on the website with loads of questions and ask adobe, and you can also request an adobe representative to call you back and basically have an in-depth conversation with a sales person who will try to discover what you need and inform you about which Adobe products suit your needs best and which package works best for you.

The only thing I don't know is whether this is done in the chat function or if it is under some sort of 'request information' button although I'm sure the chat-guys could do it for you or tell you where to find it. Or probably people on here will know!

Hope that helps somewhat to answer your question!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines