• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Adobe called Adobe

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because. Adobe Is named After A Place According to Wikipedia, adobe is "a natural building material made from sand, cla, horse manure and water" but that's not what the company was named after. it was named after Adobe Ckeek, a river in Los Altos, California, that ran behind the house of one of the founers, John Warnock. Adobe. Software brand Adobe got ots name from a 14.2-mile long stream in Santa Clara County, California called th Adobe Creek. The stram ram behind the houses of Adobe co-founders John Wanock and Charles Geschke. And you tell me where I found this information I just asked an Adobe employee so I leaked it here so everyone knows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct. It certainly is no secret and has been publicly acknowledged since the company was founded in late 1982. There is no secret that you are “leaking” to anybody.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My point visions. What suddenly Adobe users do not know where to find this information there are like a lot of buttons (as you like to do in different programs) and they need to go to this site click on Get Started and find this question and that's it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor_Dennis_0-1592135930372.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What in the world are you talking about? Are you expecting Adobe to give a full history of the company and the selection of its name on the home web page? Quite frankly, I don't know of any major company that does anything like that and quite frankly, you are the only person I know of in the history of Adobe and in my 30 years here that has made this an “issue” …

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines