• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

64-Bit Windows 7 & Postscript I Fonts

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2011 Jan 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  New machine.  64-bit Win7 with CS5 installed.  Attempting to install some older PS 1 fonts. 

Have all necessary elements of each set (both PFM/PFB).

Get 'does not appear to be a valid font' error when attempting to install via Windows7.  I am the 'administrator' of the machine.

I have also copied entire folders into ID5 fonts folder as well (Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Adobe InDesign CS5/ Fonts)

Still nothing.

Stumped.

Any assistance or insight/next steps would be appreciated.

PTG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 11, 2011 Apr 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what you describe, 16GB may be a bit "over the top" ...

See also my edited comments above in terms of disk drive.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2011 Apr 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, Dov. He keeps pushing the Pentium. I am wondering if it could be that some retailers can only supply Pentium or something?

He makes up computers in his shop, putting his own brand name on the casing. He has always treated me pretty well, but always sold me a system LESS than what I ask for, telling me I don't need this and I don't need that. I hate buying something and then later finding out it does not have the capacity to meet my needs. I would sooner go all out in one shot. It is a 1 hour drive each way to his shop and I have always trusted him. If I have to leave the machine for a day or so, then I have four hours of driving, downtime, and then it takes about a week to reload things and reset the parameters, etc. It really is a bit of a pain in the neck.

However, you have helped me a lot with this. I will work something out with him and then perhaps just buy from Best Buy or Future Shop in the future.

I cut and pasted your comments about what I would probably require, and sent them to him. We'll see what he comes back with. If it gets too difficult, maybe I will have to buy a second computer. He is asking $280 to upgrade me to a 4 core from a dual core, and from 4 gb to 8 gb RAM

I don't know if that is reasonable or not.

Jean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your supplier apparently cannot get reasonable enough prices on current gear to be competitive and thus seems to try pawning off old gear that he can get at steep discounts onto you. He doesn't seem at all honest and trustworthy. The more you deal with him, the worse it seems to get. Cut your losses ASAP!

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. The only thing is that I get Windows 7 ultimate and Office 2007 included in the deal as part of a licensing arrangement with my employer. So that has value too.

Thanks for enlightening me. Is there a particular brand that is good?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines