• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

a dark halo prints around my text when I print it as color

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to print a pdf that I cannot manipulate. It has some color on the document, but the majority of the pages are black text. When I print it, there is a dark halo around the letters in the text. I've tried printing it as a pdf and taking into photoshop and printing from there, but they look the same. I've turned over black overprinting, no help. But, when I open it in photoshop and convert it to grayscale, the halo is gone. Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One strong possibility is that what you think is black text really isn't pure black, i.e., it isn't grayscale or CMYK=(0,0,0,K) but rather some rich black CMYK mixture or RGB. The halo that you are seeing might be due to the slightest misregistration of the colors.

If the problem is RGB black text and if the text is R=G=B such as you might get out of Microsoft Office applications, there is an option for PostScript printing from Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat for Treat grays and K-only grays in the Color Management Advanced options. That forces any R=G=B to be CMYK=(0,0,0,K).

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines