• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A few TypeKit questions

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2014 Jul 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a few questions, hope someone can help.

1. If I purchase the Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC package (for a year) does it come with access to TypeKit?
  2. I have InDesign CS4 on my system, will I be able to access TypeKit fonts to use with InDesign CS4?
  3. If I can use TK with ID CS4 will these fonts print to a desktop printer or are they just viewable on screen?
  4. Roughly how many fonts are in TypeKit?

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Warm regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 22, 2014 Jul 22, 2014

Thanks for your interest in Typekit! 

1. If I purchase the Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC package (for a year) does it come with access to TypeKit?

The Creative Cloud Single-App Subscriptions come with a Typekit Portfolio plan. This plan gives you access to all of the fonts in the Typekit library for both web and desktop use.

If you are referring to the Creative Cloud Photography Plan, however, it comes with a Typekit Trial plan.  The Trial plan gives you access to a selection of fonts for web and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2014 Jul 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your interest in Typekit! 

The Creative Cloud Single-App Subscriptions come with a Typekit Portfolio plan. This plan gives you access to all of the fonts in the Typekit library for both web and desktop use.

If you are referring to the Creative Cloud Photography Plan, however, it comes with a Typekit Trial plan.  The Trial plan gives you access to a selection of fonts for web and desktop use, and can be upgraded independently to the Portfolio level from the Typekit website.  You can read more about the CCPP on the Adobe website:

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/differences-photoshop-creative-cloud-photography.html

2. I have InDesign CS4 on my system, will I be able to access TypeKit fonts to use with InDesign CS4?

Yes, desktop fonts synced from Typekit are available in all your desktop applications, including older versions of the Creative Suite and even non-Adobe applications.

3. If I can use TK with ID CS4 will these fonts print to a desktop printer or are they just viewable on screen?

Yes, you will be able to print documents that you have created with fonts synced from Typekit.  The fonts synced from Typekit work similarly to any that you have installed locally on your computer.

4. Roughly how many fonts are in TypeKit?

There are more than 1000 font weights and styles licensed for desktop use:

https://typekit.com/fonts?collection=full&licenses=desktop

and more than 4200 available for web use: 

https://typekit.com/fonts?collection=full&licenses=web

You can browse all of the fonts in the Typekit library before you sign up by visiting typekit.com/fonts.

I hope that this helps; let me know if you have any other questions. You can also read more about Typekit in our help pages, help.typekit.com. Best,

-- liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow thanks for the thorough answer Liz!

Just so I'm sure, I can just sign up to TypeKit without having to subscribe to any new CC application? And the fonts will work in all my current CS4 apps?

If so that's fantastic!

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Yes, you can also sign up for a standalone Typekit plan from our website:

https://typekit.com/plans

The Portfolio plan is the one that lets you use any of the fonts on Typekit; it costs $49.99 (USD) per year.

You will also need the free Creative Cloud application, which is the program that Typekit uses to sync the fonts to your computer. You can download that from https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

And yes: the fonts will work in your CS4 programs.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

-- liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant! Looking forward to using it....

Liz you have been really helpful, I wish others in forums were as consise and informative as you have been.. Thank you so much!

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2014 Nov 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you please clarify this.. I am a CC member, on Portfolio plan, and ALL I can see is 989 fonts.. this is without ANY of the filters on.. I have nowehere near 4200 web fonts and over 1000 desktop

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines