• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A question of type

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to work out why the characters below are displaying differently in InDesign (current version). They are the same font, weight, size etc but the first one was supplied to me and the second one is what happens when I type it manually using the style guide. It must be obvious, but I'm going type blind looking at it!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

The first characters are numbers formatted with “old style figures” and the second set are the normal figures. Some fonts provide for such variants which can be controlled by specifications in the Paragraph Style and overridden with Character Style, and/or manual specification of OpenType features from the top bar in InDesign.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first characters are numbers formatted with “old style figures” and the second set are the normal figures. Some fonts provide for such variants which can be controlled by specifications in the Paragraph Style and overridden with Character Style, and/or manual specification of OpenType features from the top bar in InDesign.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brilliant, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines