• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Distiller Pro XI and Adobe fonts

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Pro XI on my Mac, mostly because I use Distiller with a PostScript program which I maintain (www.jdawiseman.com/placemat.html — not many PostScript programmers still active!).

Does Acrobat Pro XI include access to the Adobe fonts ‘Proxima Nova Extra Condensed Bold’, ‘Apres Extra Condensed Regular’, ‘Open Sans Regular’, and ‘Open Sans Light’ such that they can be seen by Distiller Pro XI? If yes, please, how? 

TOPICS
How to , Offline font

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat XI is an application before the release of Adobe Fonts.
Linkage with Adobe Fonts itself is not possible.
Acrobat XI has ended security support, so switch to Acrobat DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. So Adobe’s font-management system just doesn’t cope. 

I own Distiller, in that I can continue to use it without repeat fees (I’m an individual, not a company). DC is much more expensive. In which case I’ll have to cope with what I’ve got. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must purchase fonts and install them to your system. Once installed, Distiller will usually see them. These fonts, by the way, are not Adobe fonts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn’t clear that “purchase” allows old-Distiller proper download. Thank you for the reassurance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way "Adobe Fonts" is a subscription service to get fonts. You don't have a subscription, and even if you did, your old software would not use it...  Also, Adobe make fonts. Also, Adobe sell fonts...

It is generally safest to embed fonts in the PostScript. But that's not the job of a few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original of my documents are in PostScript (.ps, manual). But the long-term storage format for the documents is PDF (many examples). So I can let Distiller do the work of embedding the fonts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still, the best place for Distiller to find the font to embed it, is in the PostScript. This is the mechanism used by PostScript generators everywhere, except for the base fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines