• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe can't get me the right Font!

Oct 01, 2009 Oct 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What should I do???

It has been almost 2 weeks since I purchased Univers 67 CondensedBold from the Adobe Fonts Store online. I downloaded the file, unzipped the folders and droped the font in my font folder and it didn't work. So, I tried loading it using Adobe Type Manager 4.1 and a crazy thing happened. The file I download has the folder called "Univers-CondensedBold" and in there are the files "uvcb___.pfb", etc. However, Adobe Type Manager 4.1 reads the font file as Univers 47 CondensedLight, Bold.Look at the screenshot!

It dosen't work. I have a flash file that I need to update. It has the font Univers 67 CondensedBold and 47 is not a suitable replacement.  Customer service gave me the run around for a week and is telling me know to wait 7 more days. They have no idea what to do. I called Corporate Headquarters and got an answering machine, They haven't called back.

What do I do! I can't update this Flash file without this font.

Any ideas!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2009 Oct 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the correct font file. The Univers 47 faces are style-linked with the Univers 67 faces, that's why you don't see the latter listed (on Windows).

To get to Univers 67 CondensedBold select Univers 47 CondensedLight and then apply the Bold style by clicking on the B button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 02, 2009 Oct 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not ok!

I have been given a complex Flash file that uses Univers 67 CondensedBold exclusively. When I open the file in Flash it says I don't have the right font and I need to choose a substitute. Univers 47 Condensed Light is not right and going through this file and clicking the "Bold" button is not an option.

Is there anyway that Adobe can get me this font or am I going to have to get creative and find it someplace else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2009 Oct 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been given a complex Flash file that uses Univers 67 CondensedBold exclusively. When I open the file in Flash it says I don't have the right font and I need to choose a substitute.

This means that the file was edited on the Mac version of Flash.

For the font in question, Univers 67 Condensed Bold, the font menu name displayed on Windows/PC is Univers 47 CondensedLight whereas the font menu name displayed on Mac is Univers 67 CondensedBold. Univers 67 will never be displayed on Windows font menus because these fonts are style-linked with Univers 47 fonts. On the other hand, Univers 67 will be listed on Mac font menus, so Mac users can select this font directly. However, doing so makes the document not cross-platform, and this is what you're experiencing.

To make the document cross-platform (in terms of the fonts it uses), Mac users will need to select Univers 67 just like Windows users must do; that is, select Univers 47 and then press the B (Bold) and I (Italic) buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines