• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CS6, Adobe ID, and Typekit desktop syncing question

Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried support chat and calling support and everytime they say I should be talking to another department...so I hope the forums can help me out.

I have a personal Adobe ID(id-A) that I've had for a long time. I also have a Typekit account under the same email address. My boss at work purchased Adobe CS6 for me using his Adobe ID(id-B) and there is also a typekit account setup under the same email address. I use his Typekit account for client websites at work. I want to sync Typekit fonts to my desktop on my work computer. But, when installing the CS6 he purchased on my computer I used my Adobe ID(id-A) and I am logged into Creative Cloud using that Adobe ID. Now I'm trying to setup Typekit desktop font syncing. I want to use my boss's Typekit account to sync the files to my computer since that is what I use for client websites.

- First, on my work computer, should I be signed into Adobe CS6 and Creative Cloud using my Boss's Adobe ID(id-B) instead of my old Adobe ID(id-A)?

- if Yes, What do I need to do to get both Adobe CS6 and CC using that Adobe ID?

- if No, what can I do to get Desktop Syncing working on my work computer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Adobe Type

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2013 Sep 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry you ran into trouble here. I'll do my best to explain the issues and you can let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Right now, you can't sign into two Creative Cloud accounts at once. So if you sign out of your boss's CC account, the files/fonts synced to the computer from that account will go away.

It sounds like the best way forward is to sign up for Sync Fonts access with ID-b. Then on your work machine, you can use the files/fonts sync feature and everything will be under that ID.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, feel free to get in touch with Typekit Support directy: support@typekit.com.

Cheers,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ben, I have CS6 signed on as id-A, if I sign out of id-A CC, and sign in with my bosses id-B CC account, will that have any effect on CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2013 Oct 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mike,

This should work fine. As long as you don't explicitly remove any CS6 apps, the Creative Cloud app should leave the CS6 versions installed. Also, I don't believe that you have to be signed into the CC app to use your CS6 apps.

I suggest you try signing into ID-B and if you run into any trouble, let us know.

Cheers,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines