• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe font causes system-wide havoc

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2009 Dec 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Bembo and Bembo Italic from Adobe last week for my new system.  It seems to make thing run badly in InDesign but it sort of worked but it caused my Final Cut Studio and other applications to crash and become inoperable. I reinstalled FCS many times and finally had to erase my hard drive and start over.

Font Book confirms that Bembo has "Serious errors" and reocmmends removal. Once removed, everything works fine.

I am designing a second edition of a book and I need Bembo. What can I do?  Any workarounds or fixes?  Or anybody know of a very similar font?  I love Bembo for the books I'm doing and I've used it in several books without problems.

Problem seems to be related to recent installation of Snow Leopard.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2009 Dec 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found Bembo Book, which I think I like even more.

My question is: should I buy it as OpenType or as Postscript?  Which one is less likely to cause problems?  Using a Mac Pro quad with Snow Leopard.

Designing in Adobe InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 09, 2010 Jan 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No reason to buy PS anymore, always buy open type. Are you still having problems? Since you purchased this you must be able to download it again if you contact Adobe.

Bembo is great btw.

pbc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2010 Jan 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got a refund from Adobe and bought Bembo Book, which I like even better. Also the tip on Open Type -- valuable information.

Thanks for the response.

Blain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines