• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe fonts on free download sites

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear on whether I need to license fonts from Adobe any more. I find lots of sites that feature Adobe fonts as free downloads. Here are some examples:

List of URLs deleted by System Administrator.

If you download these and open them in a text editor, the Adobe copyright is plain as day. It doesn't seem that Adobe pursues these sites or discourages this practice. So is it now fine to download and use these free versions?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Actually, Adobe very strongly discourages this illegal practice!

The problem is that these sites spring up like weeds, run by very unscrupulous organizations that “trust” their “contributors” to respect intellectual property laws and don't themselves police what is going on.

I will be passing your URLs onto Adobe's legal team for follow-up. They are very aggressive with these folks, although sometimes it takes a while to get results, especially for non-US based websites.

Thanks for passing this alo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, Adobe very strongly discourages this illegal practice!

The problem is that these sites spring up like weeds, run by very unscrupulous organizations that “trust” their “contributors” to respect intellectual property laws and don't themselves police what is going on.

I will be passing your URLs onto Adobe's legal team for follow-up. They are very aggressive with these folks, although sometimes it takes a while to get results, especially for non-US based websites.

Thanks for passing this along.

- Dov

PS:     For obvious reasons, we will be deleting the URLs you posted.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the clarification. I'm a community moderator on answers.microsoft.com and people periodically post these URLs. I know the first one on my list has been active for more than a year. No problem deleting them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines