• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Garamond Pro: It suddenly appears in all caps on the outlook of the message recipients, why?

Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been using adobe garamond pro as my default font for MS Office applications. It has worked fine for so many months, but all of a sudden, my colleagues started saying that my messages appear in all cap. Not only the new messages, but also the previous messages I've sent them are now in all caps in their MS Outlook inbox. When I send it to myself (both outlook and gmail) or in the "sent files", everything looks just fine.

How can I fix this? I'd really appreciate any insights. Thanks.

Josiah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This question is really one that should be directed to Microsoft since what Outlook does with OpenType CFF fonts is really a Microsoft issue, not an Adobe font issue.

That having been said, two thoughts come to mind:

(1)     In general, for e-mail, you are much better off using a system font for e-mail. Why? Unless the recipient has the same font that you are using, some type of font substitution will definitely occur, often with a font that might not have the same glyph complement, encodings, etc. of the font you composed with.

(2)     In conjunction with (1), your template may be defaulting to some type of OpenType feature that is not available with the substitution font being used by the recipient's system's e-mail reader. Check to make sure that your template for e-mail doesn't have something such as All Caps or Small Caps set somehow.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines