• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Originals typefaces & web embedding licences

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2011 Feb 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I create .pdf and .swf files with embedded fonts that were supplied with one of Adobe products, lets say I'll use 'MinionPro-Regular', 'MyriadPro-Semibold' and 'NewsGothicStd-Oblique', and if I then publish such a file on-line, do I need a special web embedding licence for these fonts, or does 'editable (embedding)' also cover such use of fonts? Is there any difference between publishing files for commercial and non-commercial purposes? TIA.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mar 03, 2011 Mar 03, 2011

These forums are Adobe User-to-User forums and are generally not monitored officially by Adobe. It is not an outlet for Adobe official technical support or customer support.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2011 Feb 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no issues with embedding Adobe fonts in pdf documents. I doubt it would be an issue with flash files, but I could not give you an authoritative answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2011 Feb 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. And such .pdf files can then be published on-line, the assumption being that they will be downloaded by users who don't have the Adobe fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2011 Mar 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is font embedding in Flash some sort of a taboo topic? Whenever I ask about it, I'm met with a wall of silence. I'm potentially interested in purchasing new fonts, but only if I'd be allowed to embed them in Flash. Therefore I need to know what sort of licence I'd need for that, and what sort of licence my customers would need to publish such files on-line. Dear Adobe, it seems to be a fairly straightforward matter, since I'm interested only in Adobe Original typefaces. If a special licence is needed, then fine, so be it, but please, could someone answer my question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 03, 2011 Mar 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These forums are Adobe User-to-User forums and are generally not monitored officially by Adobe. It is not an outlet for Adobe official technical support or customer support.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2011 Mar 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. But I don't see how I can contact Adobe support other than by phone - I'm interested in a written response in English. I'd be grateful if you could direct me to the appropriate person(s). Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines