• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Text Pro -- error report and feature request

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure where I should direct this, so I'll start here; surely someone knows how to get this to the type product managers. I'm using Adobe Text Pro as a replacement for Times New Roman in a series of books we've published for years and years -- a nice update but not too drastic a change.

Here's the error report: the glyphs in Unicode slots 02BE and 02BF are switched -- 02BE should be right half ring, and 02BF should be left half ring.

Then the feature request: a full set of italic small caps . . . please?

On the other hand, I have to say that I appreciate having a full set of opentype superior lowercase letters, but even that could be improved by a full set of superior uppercase letters plus basic superior punctuation.

While I'm at it, let me make a request for Minion Pro, too. Minion Pro is my go-to, workhorse typeface for academic typesetting. It has almost everything going for it -- an extensive complement of glyphs (though no 02BE and 02BF), a wide range of weights and cuts, true italic small caps, a full Greek set, etc., but it lacks some things that could improve it well beyond where it is for dealing with the apparatus of technical academic publishing. I'd add a full set of opentype superior letters, both lowercase and caps plus basic punctuation, and I'd take the opportunity to add the same as OT inferiors, too. I'd add small cap figures and symbols. I'd add some additional glyphs used for transliteration of ancient languages. And while I don't get into linguistics and phonetic work, why not add some of that stuff, too? I realize that Minion gets tweaked occasionally, because every time a new version of Acrobat is released there's a slightly different version of Minion included, so are there possibilities for greater overhauls?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Klaas,

Thank you for your report. The bug in Adobe Text has fortunately been fixed a couple of years ago.

I will contact you for a replacement.

As to your feature request:

Those are great suggestions, we will consider them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For future reference --

Klaas,

This Adobe web page gives a list of fonts:

http://www.adobe.com/products/type/font-information.html

Clicking one will take you to a page giving font details including a Release Notes section that includes a history of versions and the changes made in that version.

Unfortunately, Adobe Text is not on this list, so the list may not be regularly updated.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the note, Tom.

This list has been updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines