Can anyone help me locate Adobe Type Manager Light for a 64-bit operating system? The downloadable version on Adobe's website appears to only be compatible with 32-bit systems. Or, is there another type manager program that will allow me to use Type 1 fonts on a 64-bit, Windows Vista system?
(1) You absolutely don't need ATM Light or ATM Deluxe to install and use Type 1 fonts in any version of WIndows 2000 or later including WIndows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7. Such support is built into the operating system itself.
(2) ATM Light and ATM Deluxe have not been supported by Adobe for quite a few years now because of (1) above. The only reason ATM Light is still available on Adobe's website is to continue supporting the miniscule number of Windows'9x users and Windows NT 4 users as well as users of 32-bit Windows users still using Type 1 Multiple Master fonts.
(3) There are absolutely no plans to offer a 64-bit version of ATM.
ATM Deluxe also provided a "manager" feature that allowed users to organize their vast set of fonts and disable them, on demand--features I wish I could still use.
Unfortunately, a number of folks are having significant trouble installing PS fonts in Windows 7. I found one site that recommended using ATM, but had the same issue as the original poster -- not compatible with 64-bit system. I would love for Adobe to recommend some solution!
Several third party font management applications are fully compatible with 64-bit Vista and 64-bit Windows 7, including my own company's. That would be Extensis Suitcase Fusion 2.
If you need ATM Light for multiple master font support, there are two key issues. First, ATM Light can run on 64-bit Windows, but won't install. Second, it is incompatible with User Account Control, a security feature in Vista. The following procedure has been reported to work on 64-bit Vista:
- install ATM Light on a 32-bit version of Windows
- turn off User Account Control on your 64-bit Vista computer (YES, this makes your computer less secure)
- copy the ATM directory over to the 64-bit Vista computer
we want to Adobe type manager for windows 10 if you can available for us
please sent mail on
[personal information removed per policy - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731]
[This is an open forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]
thanks & regards
Manjul Publishing house
Please see the response I provided earlier in this thread. It is still relevant.
ATM Light and ATM Deluxe have not been supported by Adobe for quite a few years now given that current versions of Windows directly support Type 1 and OpenType CFF fonts. ATM is totally incompatible with any 64-bit version of Windows and any version of Windows beyond Windows XP. (In fact, if you try installing ATM on newer versions of Windows, you may in fact corrupt your operating system installation!).
Bottom line answer to your question — we have no intent whatsoever of reviving the Adobe Type Manager product; it is a “dead” product.
Adobe Photoshop is not working with Hindi fonts.
Where to get Adobe Type Manager from?
Please read the rest of the thread.
Adobe Type Manager was a product that was discontinued many years ago. It won't install or run on any modern hardware or operating system version.
If you are having problems with fonts with Photoshop, there is or was nothing that ATM could have done to assist you.
Repost in the Photoshop Community exactly what your problem is, what platform (i.e. OS) you are running on (including version), and what version of Photoshop you are using.