• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Type Manager problem with Windows 7 and DIN font file extension not showing

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 7 and for some reason I cannot install Adobe Type Manager onto my Computer.

I need ATM to install the DIN font but am having no luck what so ever.

I can see the DIN font in my Dropbox but it is showing up like this:-  ._DIN-bold, no file file extension. what am I doing wrong? is it Mac?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Type Manager absolutely cannot be installed on Windows 7. In fact, even attempting to install it may corrupt your operating system installation and its ability to properly render Type 1 and OpenType CFF fonts. The last version of Windows for which ATM was at all compatible was Windows XP, 32-bit only!

Adobe Type Manager is not at all necessary to install fonts, even Type 1 fonts, on Windows 7 systems. Right click on the font file for TrueType of OpenType CFF fonts or the .PFM file for Type

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Type Manager absolutely cannot be installed on Windows 7. In fact, even attempting to install it may corrupt your operating system installation and its ability to properly render Type 1 and OpenType CFF fonts. The last version of Windows for which ATM was at all compatible was Windows XP, 32-bit only!

Adobe Type Manager is not at all necessary to install fonts, even Type 1 fonts, on Windows 7 systems. Right click on the font file for TrueType of OpenType CFF fonts or the .PFM file for Type 1 fonts and select the Install option.

The font file you are trying to install is for MacOS. It cannot be installed on Windows.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines