• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe TypeKit as non-admin user

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where does TypeKit install its fonts? Are they installed into the user's home directory or into the system? Do users need Admin privileges to use the fonts and Creative Cloud application? Also is this compatible with CS6? I'm not finding particularly clear info on Adobe's site.

We are looking at implementing TypeKit for users working remotely via Citrix on a shared server where users will not have administrative privileges. To properly manage the font licensing and maintain server stability, I don't want users to install fonts to the system as that would enable the fonts for all users on the server.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Type Kit fonts are installed for all applications on a computer where Creative Cloud is activated and where the fonts are synchronized. If you use CS6 with a Creative Cloud subscription you can use it with CS6 but be aware, you can't package TK fonts and so you can't forward an INDD CS6 file with TK fonts to a CS6 user without CC subscription.

Fon licensing is managed only via Creative Cloud application. The fonts are saved as invisible files in an invisible folder. Although I know the exact place I think I am not allowed to discuss it in detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not allowed to discuss it? I'm guessing that means its in the user's AppData directory somewhere? I'm just wondering if, with 20 users on a Citrix server running Adobe InDesign, would the fonts one user downloads only be accessible by that user. If files are maintained within the user's profile, it would eliminate that potential problem.

Packaging fonts and such are irrelevant for us since PDFs are generated for an automated output system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The computer which is using these fonts has to have Creative Cloud Subscription, this will allow you to use these fonts. Without a licensed CC you cannot use TK fonts. Also every user who is using TK fonts needs to have a CC subscription.

As you have also to have a licensed copy of the program, probably InDesign or InDesign Server, which is generating the printed output, if it is PDF or something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines