• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ANNOUNCE: ATM 4.1.2, fixes certain 2000/XP issues

Enthusiast ,
Jul 25, 2002 Jul 25, 2002

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a new patch for ATM for Windows. There are separate updaters for ATM Light and Deluxe, to update them to version 4.1.2.

The ATM Deluxe update is at: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=1553

The ATM Light update is at:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=1552

The updates address the following issues:

1) Uninstalling ATM 4.0 on a Windows 2000 or XP system causes the system to no longer be able to install Type 1 fonts. This is a Windows bug, which ATM 4.1.2 works around.

2) Uninstalling ATM 4.0, or 4.1, or 4.11 on any Windows platform causes PFM files to be left unassociated with the system font applet preview page. ATM 4.1.2 associates PFM files with the system font applet instead of ATM; uninstalling 4.1.2 thus causes no problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2005 Mar 07, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, there's no need to install PostScript fonts "before" Photoshop Elements, PageMaker (XP-compatible version... thanks for that heads-up), or Acrobat Distiller? Just do them in whatever sequence is most convenient for me? (Naturally, I can't see or print fonts that ain't installed yet, though... but as long as I don't save changes that do font substitutions in my existing files I should be okay, right?)

I assume adding a font manager can be done at any time later, too, no problem?

(BTW, is ATM Deluxe 4.1 recommended over other font managers?)

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Type 1, TrueType, and OpenType fonts are all PostScript fonts!

There is no need to necessarily install any fonts prior to installing any Adobe software.

And you can add a font manager at any time as well. Remember that you don't need to add such software simply to support Type 1 and OpenType fonts, both of which are natively supported under Windows 2000, XP, and 2003 Server.

- Dov
- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The message at the top of this thread was originally meant as a standalone announcement, not to serve as the basis of a whole raft of semi-related questions and topics. As such, it is now read only. Please post new questions to new topics. Thank you.

- Dov
- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines