• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ApexShadowsSCapsSSK

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a home user, not in any way professionally involved in typography (though as it happens, I've long been interested in typography and the arts of the book).

Occasionally I find myself preparing posters for various charitable events, and find it useful to make use of a shaded caps font.  My first choice for this was Gill Sans Shadow - appropriate as I live in the city where Gill's hand-painted precursor to Gill Sans first saw the light of day in the '30s - but some time ago I came across a nice Macromedia Fontographer shaded font, ApexShadowsSCapsSSK, on a free fonts site and downloaded that.  Unfortunately the file proved to be corrupted and several characters are not rendered properly; this is a shame, as the font has a very good three-dimensional feel to it.

As Macromedia is now part of the Adobe empire, I tried to find our from Adobe how I could obtain a perfect copy of the font, but this has been less than straightforward, not to put too fine a point on it!

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

I'm not sure why you call it a "Macromedia Fontographer font". Is it because you see "Macromedia Fontographer" mentioned in the font's info?

Fontographer is a font editor application. It was never in Adobe's product portfolio, and is now property of FontLab Ltd.

As far as I know that font was not part of Fontographer's package. It seems more likely that the font your're looking for was produced/edited with Fontographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Although Apex Shadow might have been created with (Macromedia) Fontographer, it does not imply that Adobe has any rights to the design of that particular font. Any font created with Fontographer (at the time) was marked with the tagline “created with Macromedia Fontographer”. If you are interested in purchasing a better version of the font, you might want to get in touch with the original designer or foundry.

As an alternative, a good shaded font from Adobe is e.g. Andreas, by British designer Michael Harvey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why you call it a "Macromedia Fontographer font". Is it because you see "Macromedia Fontographer" mentioned in the font's info?

Fontographer is a font editor application. It was never in Adobe's product portfolio, and is now property of FontLab Ltd.

As far as I know that font was not part of Fontographer's package. It seems more likely that the font your're looking for was produced/edited with Fontographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check here:

http://www.fontsner.com/font/ApexShadowSCapsSSK_Bold-39151.html

It's onle a 29.3 KB file, so it may be no good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines