ATM vs ATM ???

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2008 Feb 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a real mess and I'm not getting anywhere with the Support Agents I've spoken too. I purchased and downloaded a Flash Template from a site called css-templates.org Upon attempting to modify this Template, I found I wasn't able to access the text used in this template. So I contacted this company and asked how do I modify the text and was told to goto Adobe and download their Adobe Text Manager, which I did and after running the exe file, all I saw was a DOS Command flash on the screen and nothing much else.

The results of this however created a operating mess in my system and corrupted my QuickTime Apps. and I also discovered Firefox no longer launched. After calling Adobe, I was told ATM was already in my system and I should not have had to download this. Then I was prompted to remove the recent ATM I downloaded. Well apparently I removed too much and created even more of a mess. So now my system is waked.. I un-installed FF and downloaded once it again but I'm finding it's not functioning very well.

So Adobe told me to download Adobe Type Manager instead of Text Manager. What's the difference between these two and how can I put back in what I apparently took out that's causing my System to lag and not work well anymore?

Sorry for the Book but I wanted to give a little history ...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 21, 2008 Feb 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
As far as I know, there's no such thing as "Adobe Text Manager." Just "Adobe Type Manager."

The latter app, ATM, is no longer sold or supported by Adobe. The "Light" version remains available as a free download for folks who have some particular need of it.

You don't mention what operating system you're on, but I'm going to assume it's probably some flavor of Windows XP (though this advice also applies to Windows 2000, and probably to Vista, though that has not been tested).

Installing ATM (Light or Deluxe) on Windows 2000, and then uninstalling it, without first getting the latest updates, can mess up your system's font support. You need to install the so-called ATM 4.1.2 patch (which is really a Windows registry update). I believe you can do this even after uninstalling ATM.

See here for more info: http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ef9db1e

Regards,

T

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines