• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

availability of Slumdog Millionaire's font, Cracked?

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I finally found out the name of the Slumdog font; it's Cracked, and came with versions of Illustrator. Is it available for DL anywhere?? I came to Adobe to find it but wasn't listed in the Fonts section, and Googling it yielded only other distressed fonts with 'cracked' in their names. I did find the result of the question asked at Yahoo Answers but the question/answer had been deleted! (God bless Google Search cached pages, tho. And of course the local freelancer who used it for something at the library.) Is Adobe going fascist and eliminating any references to it in order to keep it hush-hush secret and unavailable for some reason?

sdm.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

I had posted this via the email link, but for some reason it decided to delete all my text. Since you don't get sent copies of your OWN posts, I took alook here to discover the error.  Maybe THIS one will work.

The font is not "Cracked", but "Crackhouse" from House Industries.

http://www.houseind.com/fonts/crackhouse

- Herb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're mistaken. Adobe has never bundled with Illustrator any font named Cracked, nor any distressed font resembling the one in that logo.

Cheers,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had posted this via the email link, but for some reason it decided to delete all my text. Since you don't get sent copies of your OWN posts, I took alook here to discover the error.  Maybe THIS one will work.

The font is not "Cracked", but "Crackhouse" from House Industries.

http://www.houseind.com/fonts/crackhouse

- Herb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm; interesting. While there may have been some confusion and innocently misinformed about the source and the name -- I've found reference to it as Cracked online, and Apple does have a font called Cracked which comes with iDVD and iWeb tho I haven't seen it but certainly trust somebody who's used it -- it all worked out, whichever one is the original and the other the clone, so you get the Correct Answer check. Maybe Apple renamed it. Again, whatever. A million thanks, Herb (pun intended).

And Mr. Phinney, although your snottish answer did send me looking to clarify it was Apple rather than Adobe and iDVD/iWeb rather than Illustrator, it was not, per se, helpful.

"Cheers."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Synthozoid, I think you need to re-read my post, and your response. I did, and I still don't see anything "snottish" [sic] in my reply to you. I gave you accurate information that you were looking in the wrong place. In return, *you* were rude and unpleasant.

I didn't suggest you were maliciously lying, I just said you were mistaken. Which you were.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thomas WAS being helpful...you thought it was an Adobe font, and he told you it wasn't. He most certainly was not being dismissive. You should be careful what you read into a short reply.

Remember you are asking for help; no one has an obligation to you. If you hope to get more help here, you shouldn't take snide jabs at people... especially someone like Thomas, who is in fact one of the most knowledgeable type experts around. And by "around" I mean anywhere!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 17, 2009 Apr 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My replies via 'email' are coming through blank.

I had said essentially the same as John Nolan, but in somewhat stronger terms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 17, 2009 Apr 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Synthozoid wrote:

Synthozoid,

Not only do you not know what you're talking about, but you also have no clue as to whom you are addressing.

Good luck trying to get help next time under the same user ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 23, 2009 Sep 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi the typeface is called  'Cracked' it is a font from Apple, it is included in the iLife install, it also resides Library/Application Support/iLifeSlideshow/Fonts/Cracked.dfont

hope this helps.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines