• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

average Joe(sephine) just wants to convert old ps font to open type

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2004 Nov 08, 2004

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Poppl-Laudatio (which Adobe doesn't even sell anymore) I would like to convert it to Open Type to eliminate some major cross-platform issues. BUT - I have no experience in ANY kind of programming. Anybody know of a utility for the common folk? Or is this FDK something I (non-techie designer) could ever learn to use?
Thanks
~Cathleen

sorry - should add I am using Windows XP and sending files to MAC
TOPICS
Open Type FDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 10, 2004 Nov 10, 2004

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd want to get the next version of TransType (not yet released) from the FontLab folks. The FDK, or even FontLab, would definitely be overkill for you.

Regards,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2004 Nov 11, 2004

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much. I have used TransType, so that's good news. Hope new version is coming out soon!
~Cathleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2004 Nov 18, 2004

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can try making the font an image so that it is a vector type in Photoshop and then placing the words into the item. This works for graphics and logo type work but not for copy.

Jax

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2004 Nov 24, 2004

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the FDK is for you. I don't get it to work myself ;-), and I've quite got some programming experience. The most expensive solution is FontLab (but also by far the best program on the market). They also sell a less expensive program (and perhaps easier to use called Type Tool). Just have a look at the Fontlab web site. Sorry, I don't know any freeware solutions so far (but one can always have a look to GNU programs). Maybe I'm also just a bit too lazy to spend more time in understanding the FDK. Anyway, one advantage of FontLab is that one can, for instance, add new symbols like the .

Regards,

Christoph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2004 Nov 24, 2004

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Why the hell Photoshop? It's not a vector program. I'd rather opt for Illustrator or Corel. But do they have an OTF export option? I doubt. Maybe rather Corel (11?) than Illustrator. Corel has always liked fonts.

Regards,

Christoph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines