• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AXt Arabic fonts

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2006 Jan 16, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have bought Arabic fonts in the past from different vendors, most of them were well written and had not many problems in using them.
Since many of my students in InDesign training are an ex-Quark users, they still have AXt fonts from that workflow. Students usually raise the AXt questions whether they can be utilized or not on Adobe products specially InDesign.

I requested from one student to bring these fonts for trial, which he did. On my first test I exported to PDF from InDesign, there were missing letters, the same 3 or 4 letters in all occurance dissapeared in the pdf. I printed the file to PS and distilled it, the result was good, all letters appeared fine.
I used 3 different AXt fonts in the test, just one was misbehaving when exported to pdf.

my question would be, if any one have used AXt, what is the compatibility of these fonts with Adobe ME or international products? Who makes them? Why some letters dissapear upon export and comes fine through distiller?
TOPICS
Open Type FDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2007 Apr 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

salam ..
rafik / designer / algerie
------
ma question est : est-ce-qu'il existe des fonts arabes OPENTYPE
-----------
rafik_df@hotmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2007 May 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

salam,
Well, AXT fonts are used with an application named "Al Rassam Al Araby", so u need to type ur text on this application then copy that text and past it into any application that doesn't support arabic.. that why if u are using any adobe ME you need to put the text as english or french text not as arabic text: in that way u will never see missing letters !
for any more explanation mail admin at tuniclick dot com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2008 Jun 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bonjour
je voulais savoir si ya un moyen de telecharger les police AXt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

can u help me 

arabic AXT font  oppen type

Email: sujithmundro@gmail.com

thank  u

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe stopped supporting AXT fonts since CS6. There are good alternative OpenType fonts which I advise you bying instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines