Exit

Baltic fonts

New Here ,
May 15, 2003 May 15, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,
I am Estonian designer.
If you please, can you explain me about Adobe Open Type fonts. We have to use (The requirement of the Main company) Adobe Font Folio 9.0 software and OpenType fonts. But those fonts include separately commas and points and short lines, which must take place in Latvian and Lithuanian (Baltic) texts above or bottom the letter. Do you know, if I buy that font, can I use Latvian and Lithuanian texts easely? Can other designers from Europea work with my files easily? In Windows, in Macindosh.
TOPICS
Open Type FDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2003 May 15, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's Pro fonts contain the precomposed Estonian diacritic letters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2003 Jun 02, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OTP- files has the space for 56.000 caracters...PS only 256 crs.
therefore is most normal/used caracters a part of OTP, so all together is that the good part of OTP.

Regard. UD!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2003 Jun 02, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
> if I buy that font, can I use Latvian and Lithuanian texts easely?

The answer is yes as long as you have the software capable of using these font format (QuarkXPress cannot, for instance).

> Can other designers from Europea work with my files easily? In Windows, in Macindosh.

Yes, provided they have both the software and the OT font(s) installed. OpenType is a cross-platform technology, so there sould not be any problem if they open your docs in Mac or Windows.

JL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines