• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can I add font folio to assets in the creative cloud?

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thinking about upgrading to Creative Cloud.

What about fonts? Can you add your Font Folio fonts to your cloud assets? or link them to your library.

What about other fonts you've purchased (ie from fonts.com)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

The Creative Cloud storage space is network storage space just like any other cloud-based storage space. You can put any files you want there.

That having been said, I would seriously question using that as primary storage for font assets and certainly not for fonts you want your operating system to be able to immediately access at all times.

By the way, you don't typically “purchase” fonts; you license them. What you “own” is a license to use the font but you don't own the font itself!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Creative Cloud storage space is network storage space just like any other cloud-based storage space. You can put any files you want there.

That having been said, I would seriously question using that as primary storage for font assets and certainly not for fonts you want your operating system to be able to immediately access at all times.

By the way, you don't typically “purchase” fonts; you license them. What you “own” is a license to use the font but you don't own the font itself!  

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2015 Jan 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I appreciate your knowledge.

Yes, certainly the owning of the license is implied in the context.

I am more concerned about the convenience of having the font "attached" to specific documents. Can it be added to the "library" for documents in progress? Or is that only available with Type Kit fonts?

-Tirzah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 09, 2015 Jan 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you package an InDesign or an Illustrator document, a subdirectory to the document's own directory contains all fonts, except Typekit fonts and CJK (Chinese, Japanese, and Korean) fonts, used in the document. The Typekit fonts are separately synchronized. Thus, if you package your document to your Creative Cloud workspace, the fonts used by the document will go with the document and be used by InDesign or Illustrator (as appropriate) when the document is opened for editing.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for the same answer to the original question: Can you take your purchased license to say Fontfolio and add those fonts to Typekit and use typekit as your font management system? If so, how is that done?

thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Typekit only “serves” fonts that it has licenses for. Most of the fonts in the Adobe Font Folio are not part of Typekit and as such, the answer is no!

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines