Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I get a font from Adobe that is similar to Helvetica World Linotype font

May 25, 2011 May 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to get hold of a font that is similar to the Linotype Helvetica World font. I need a font that has very similar characteristics of the Helvetica World font, as well as all the special characters. Does Adobe make, or have access to a font like this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 25, 2011 May 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe neither resells this particular font family nor does it have any individual fonts that have the same, full repetoire of glyphs that Linotype's Helvetica World fonts have (including Western Latin, Cyrillic, Hebrew, Arabic, etc. all in a single font).

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2011 Jul 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't know what the quality of these fonts are but I stumbled on this site this morning. It might be worth a look.

http://moorstation.org/typoasis/designers/DrBerlin/user.dtcc.edu/_berlin/fonts.html

Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 16, 2011 Jul 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Diane,

I can not comment on the typographic quality of those fonts, but technically many of them seem to come from the last century. They are codepage-based and not Unicode-encoded. They usually contain only a certain subset of glyphs, mainly because in the old days applications could access only 224 characters from a single font (and some font formats could not store more than that). They might work for certain special cases but document exchange and cross-application or cross-platform usage today is based on the Unicode standard.

- Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines