• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Feature: denying installation of font files

New Here ,
May 07, 2014 May 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For years now I've been using a program called AMP Font Viewer. It temporarily installs fonts onto the operating system upon request, and removes them upon quitting the program.

It is super beneficial when you work on multiple projects with various typefaces, because the program allow the operating system to stay clean of project font files, keeping programs' loading time to a minimum, in a clean operating environment.

Before CC, this program worked perfectly while Adobe's programs were running.

CC, however, is preventing this program from running properly. When attempting to use AMP Font Viewer, the mouse cursor becomes a spinning loading icon, AMP Font Viewer goes ghostly white, and is unable to perform its job.

To regain the control of installing temporary font files, I must kill all Adobe apps, i.e. Creative Cloud Client, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, etc. (but not necessarily background services).

For me this issue is a major setback and an unpleasant surprise.

I urge Adobe to avoid from locking up resources that users (alongside with the system) may need, and keep them available for other uses too.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you considered that the issue may actually be with the font tool not being compatible with how CC handles fonts (TypeKit and so on?). Sorry, but this seems to be a somewhat pointless complaint, given the circumstances - the program you are using is pretty old and seems to have not been updated since like forever.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2014 May 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, Mylenium!

As the end user it should not be my concern how CC handle fonts.

CC's programs aren't the sole apps that have access to fonts, there are plenty more out there, and the fact that CC lock up the fonts is an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Adobe type.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cheers, Romit Sinha!

Can I use my own TTF/OTF files with Adobe Type..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines