CC not syncing

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2015 Aug 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed CC/Illustrator and Photoshop on a new laptop and CC will not sync anything - files of typekit

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling numerous times, I have checked my firewall and everything else I can think of.

Please help. I need to access these files asap.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Caitlin and I spoke about this in Typekit Support (support@typekit.com); the solution is below for the forum thread.

This is not a common problem, so this solution may not be the fix for other Creative Cloud users who are unable to sync fonts.  If font sync is not working for you, try these troubleshooting steps first: help.typekit.com/customer/portal/articles/1649149.

If that doesn't solve the problem, send the Creative Cloud log files from your computer to support@typekit.com and we will look into it further.  There are instructions on where to find the logs on OS X and Windows in the troubleshooting page.

The CoreSync folder (C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync\) was missing from Caitlin's computer, which was preventing the fonts from syncing.  The fix was to create that folder manually:

1. Quit the Creative Cloud desktop application if you have it running, then:

2. Press Win + R to open the “Run” dialog window

3. Copy and paste this string into the "open:" field, then press enter:

cmd /e:on /k md %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync

A console window will open and show that a command has been run. Please make a copy or screenshot of any messages that is printed there, in case we need it.

4. Restart the computer

5. Reopen the Creative Cloud desktop application

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines