Changing font file types once purchased

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just purchased two cuts of Helvetica Neue as Opentype files. I need to change these files to TrueType versioninstead. I've only just learnt that Opentypes dont embed when sending out documents, such as PowerPoint and Word etc.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe doesn't make most of its fonts available in OpenType TrueType format.

OpenType CFF fonts certainly do embed in PDF files from Office documents, assuming that you use a valid PDF generator such as Acrobat. (Microsoft's own “save as PDF” has a bug that prevents it from embedding or even properly referencing OpenType CFF fonts. There are also numerous other bugs and surprises that you should avoid with Microsoft's own PDF!)

- Dov

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe doesn't make most of its fonts available in OpenType TrueType format.

OpenType CFF fonts certainly do embed in PDF files from Office documents, assuming that you use a valid PDF generator such as Acrobat. (Microsoft's own “save as PDF” has a bug that prevents it from embedding or even properly referencing OpenType CFF fonts. There are also numerous other bugs and surprises that you should avoid with Microsoft's own PDF!)

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines