• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chinese Font and English Font in one paragraph

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2009 Mar 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a book translated from English into Traditional Chinese, using Indesign CS4. In many cases I need to put English words among Chinese Characters. I set up Character Styles to apply the English Fonts I want, then doing word by word manually. Besides of the slow speed, it's easy to make mistakes doing by hand. I desperatly want to find a way to set up PARAGRAPH STYLES that I can specify both Chinese and English Fonts in a same paragraph stye. Will be very apprecited if someone please teach me how to get it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 10, 2009 Mar 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jun,

This is not really a typography question. You'd be much better off posting in the InDesign forum for your platform, Macintosh or Windows.

This from the main Typography forum page:

Typography

A place to talk about type, typography, and typesetting. Help each other identify typefaces. Get suggestions about what typefaces work well together. Offer opinions about spacing, justification, punctuation, and the like.

However, for more technical questions about installing fonts, or working with service bureaus, and things like that you might find more help in the ATM/Type forums. Or for questions about how specific applications work with type it might be better to post in the product forums. Go to: http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/index.html for the complete list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2009 Sep 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1318443#1318443

I set a dual language English/Chinese magazine and I wanted exactly the same thing you did, the above link does it with one simple GREP style! Just setup your default Chinese paragraph style using your Chinese font and then create an English character style using your English font of choice and use this character style in the GREP style of the Chinese paragraph style - hope that makes sense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines