Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

chinese font premiere

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2014 Sep 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Ik heb een Word document met chinese fonts. Die kan ik prima plakken in bijvoorbeeld mail. Maar wanneer ik copy paste naar Premiere dan worden veel characters niet herkend (daar verschijnt dan een vierkantje voor in de plaats). Ook in After Effects. Ik snap ook niet dat de setting voor fonts op bijvoorbeeld Helvetica kan blijven staan. Helvetica heeft toch geen chinese tekens embed. Anyway, ik snap het niet, zie ook niet wat ik aan dat nieuwe Typekit van Adobe heb in deze en Google heeft ook nog geen antwoorden. Wie kan me helpen? Waarschijnlijk zal het antwoord te laat komen, zal ik met plaatjes improviseren voor nu, want de deadline is gister, as always… Maar een helder antwoord wordt erg gewaardeerd!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What language is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry, once again in English now-;).

It's Dutch by the way.

I have a word document with text in a Chinese font. I can copy paste with the chinese characters in for instance my email program, or to a simple text sheet. But Premiere won't recognize some of the characters, some, but not all. After Effects gives the same error.

Another thing I don;t understand is that for instance Helvetica is still displayed as the font that Premiere is using, even though I see a lot of chinese characters… So what font do I choose from the list to see all the characters correctly? I installed Chinese fonts, but they don't show in the font list. And Typekit is not much use in this either. Who knows how this is done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe comes with several Chinese fonts (both for Simplified and Traditional Chinese). For this example I used STSong and it displays as it should.

Screenshot 2014-09-26 00.17.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't speak Dutch so this may be inaccurate in the translated version (Google Translate). The squares shown when you try to add a character that the font does not have characters for. For example certain fonts do not accept '. E.g. in "don't". This will be either invisible or shown at the square. You could try the posts on the linked forum Chinese Fonts Not showing up! : Adobe Premiere Pro and see if it gets you anywhere. Good luck.

Dutch translation:

Ik spreek geen Nederlands , dus dit onjuist in de vertaalde versie kunnen zijn ( Google Translate ) . De getoonde vierkantjes wanneer u probeert om een ​​teken dat het lettertype niet karakters voor toe te voegen . Bijvoorbeeld bepaalde fonts niet accepteren ' . Bv in " niet" . Dit zal ofwel onzichtbaar of vertoond op het plein . Je zou kunnen proberen de berichten op het forum gekoppeld en zien of het brengt je overal. Veel succes . Chinese Fonts Not showing up! : Adobe Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines