• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chinese fonts stopped working in InDesign CC 2014. Anyone know why?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2014 Aug 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am copying and pasting from Powerpoint into an InDesign document and the Chinese fonts, which normally work fine, show up as boxes. I am selecting several different Chinese font types (i.e. SimHei and Heiti SC), but all show boxes where characters should exist. Thanks, in advance for your assistance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2014 Aug 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be that those fonts aren’t proper unicode fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2014 Aug 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael,

It is possible, but why would they have worked before and just now stopped working. I have tried fonts that I downloaded, as well as, fonts that are Unicode and native to Adobe. I get the same thing, boxes with pink around them. I have to meet a deadline and have no idea how to rectify this issue. Thanks for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use these font within the Powerpoint file? It is not sufficient to have them on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2014 Aug 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Michael,

I am embarrassed to say that I was trying to make Korean work for a Chinese font. Yes, I am an idiot. I rarely, but sometimes get going too fast and fail to pay attention to which country the customer request originated. In this case it was Korea and upon placing the Korean font style it worked fine. Thanks you for addressing my issue and taking the time to help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines