• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color glyphs from OTF font in Illustrator

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created test OTF font with several color glyphs, but they don't work in Adobe Ilustrator CC (23.0.1). Program don't see the color glyphs. Does someone know why? E.g. my font hasn't "svg" icon like e.g. EmojiOne. What should I do to make my font have this status? Is there a way to convert?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far as I know, OTF fonts cannot be coloured. Coloured fonts are an entirely different concept. Have you read anything saying they can?  And, how do you make the font, since Adobe software cannot do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look: http://srv19859.microhost.com.pl/colorglyphs.jpg This is OTF. Glyphs: A, B, C, H are colored. In Paint.NET it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created OTF font with color glyphs in FontCreator: tiny[point]pl[slash]t4q5l. It works good in Paint.NET. I don't understand why it doesn't work in Illustrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This font contains only several test glyphs with blue horizontal lines, e.g. A, B, C, H, i, t...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

EmojiOne and Trajan are OTF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines