• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Commercial Use of Fonts

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2015 Jan 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon installation of Adobe Creative Suite CS on my Macintosh, fonts were installed.

1. Am I allowed to use these fonts for Commercial Purposes and to create logos for my clients?
2. Am I allowed to create Master Digital Artwork of the logo with the font converted to outlines for their use in a variety of media (print, digital and online)?3. Am I allowed to change the letters shapes used in the logo? Am I allowed to add effects to them (such as adding shadows, embossing and 3D effects)?
Can the logo with the font be used in a digital game (for example, as part of a loading screen) or an app (with icons that appear in an app store)? The logo would be provided to the client as a rastor image or a vector file with the font converted to outlines.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

In terms of fonts installed on your system with any Adobe product:

(1)     There is no restriction against using the fonts for commercial purposes either for yourself or clients.

(2)     You may use the artwork in logo for the purposes you mention. For print, PDF, and ePub, you can even embed the fonts which provide much higher quality than so-called “outlining” which does degrade quality. For web pages, you can use raster without restriction.

(3)     You may change the letter shapes and add effect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In terms of fonts installed on your system with any Adobe product:

(1)     There is no restriction against using the fonts for commercial purposes either for yourself or clients.

(2)     You may use the artwork in logo for the purposes you mention. For print, PDF, and ePub, you can even embed the fonts which provide much higher quality than so-called “outlining” which does degrade quality. For web pages, you can use raster without restriction.

(3)     You may change the letter shapes and add effects as you describe. You obviously cannot sell or give a modified font to others.

(4)     For purposes of an application, a font licensed from Adobe can be used without any restriction as part of a raster or vector based logo.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2015 Jan 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Dov.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've purchased other fonts from Adobe.com. Do the same privileges apply as noted above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! See my response to your other thread!

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, very much! Enjoy the rest of your day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2015 Jan 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can the font ITC Zapf Dingbats from Adobe.com be used in the ways described above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines