Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Characters with Checkmarks and Accents

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello good people,

I want to create a document in IDD in Yoruba language. There are accents and checkmarks like in the example below:

àèẹ̀ìò ọ̀ùṣ
áéẹ́íó ọ́úń

In the attached video, I used Tahoma in MS Word and it allows me to add the accents and check at will. Please how can I create this feature with some of the fonts here?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What app, and what font, are you having problems with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

The 3 fonts are:

1: Filson Soft
2: Goudy old style
3: Le monde journal std

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.Which app are you having problems with, please? Is this also trying to use these fonts in Word, or is it a different app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I am having problems with IDD. I have typed the words in MSWord using the Tahoma and with the correct accents. I want to import/ copy the texts to IDD so some of the fonts are not rendering correctly.

Screenshot 2020-10-20 113415.jpg

The image above is from Word. See how it's rendered when I copied into IDD using 'Filson Soft' below:

Screenshot 2020-10-20 113458.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Please is there any chance you can help with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since we have now found that you use InDesign, I suggest the InDesign forum. https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/bd-p/indesign

This is a good forum for your question, but unfortunately not many volunteers come here.

Information to include:

- example character you want to enter (e.g. ẹ̀, lower case e with grave accent and dot below) - this is not a character in Unicode, but must be composed from others as I'm sure you know (http://diacritics.typo.cz/index.php?id=71)

- how you enter this character in Word

- what happens when you try to enter this character in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have found that when characters are not displyed in Indesign, the font used does not support those characters. So just look at the font used (check if it is the font you think it should be) and look at the character map of that font for the specific characters to use. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines