• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Suite vs. InDesign CS vs. Illustrator CS bundled fonts

Enthusiast ,
Oct 19, 2003 Oct 19, 2003

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a complicated issue, which I hope can be clarified by this summary.

With InDesign CS by itself, there are 66 fonts, many of which are new for the CS version. Apparently these are included with the educational version as well. This includes fonts from the Adobe Jenson Pro, Lithos Pro, Myriad Pro and Trajan Pro families. See here for a complete list:

Thomas Phinney, "InDesign CS bundled OpenType fonts" #, 18 Oct 2003 12:26 am">Thomas Phinney "InDesign CS bundled OpenType fonts" 10/18/03

With Illustrator CS by itself, there are 102 fonts, about 31 of which do not overlap with the fonts bundled with InDesign CS. This includes fonts from the Chaparral Pro and Charlemagne Std families. See here for a complete list:

Thomas Phinney "Illustrator CS bundled OpenType fonts" 10/18/03

The other CS apps do not individually add meaningfully to the bundled font count.

However, with the Creative Suite as a package, there are up to 211 fonts: the 138 fonts included with the individual apps; the Warnock Pro Opticals set (32 fonts); plus if you register online in the US and Canada, you can download the Brioso Pro Opticals fonts (42 fonts). Note that Brioso is one of several choices you have of registration incentives, and you need to be sure to look for and follow the link! You can get it later from your main store registration page if you miss it the first time, though.

The standard edition and premium edition of the suite have the same font bundle.

Details on the full bundle are here:
Thomas Phinney, "211 OpenType fonts available with Creative Suite" #28, 18 Oct 2003 11:07 am">Thomas Phinney "211 OpenType fonts bundled with Creative Suite" 10/18/03 11:07am

Regards,

T

Thomas W. Phinney
Fonts Program Manager
Adobe Systems

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2004 Apr 05, 2004

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Norris,

The other Creative Suite fonts are installed in /Library/Application Support/Adobe/fonts. In that location they're available in (and in the menus of) all your CS applications.

You can move them from there to /Library/Fonts or other OS X font locations, or use your font manager to manage them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2004 Apr 05, 2004

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Norris,

The remarkable thing about fonts is that virtually all mainstream font technologies from the past dozen years (PostScript Type 1, TrueType, OpenType) are STILL supported with today's operating systems, and without upgrades. What other software can make that claim?

The one major exception that comes to mind is PostScript Type 1 multiple master fonts, which were not properly supported in the earliest incarnations of Mac OS X.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2005 Feb 18, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer a question that was intersperesed in there a few times, the free Brioso gift is available to education users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2005 Mar 07, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently bought Adobe Creative Edition education so how do i find brioso pro font.

Lyle Rossiter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an option to download when you register your copy of the Creative Suite.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an option to download Brioso if you purchase your CS software in the USA. The option is (or at least, was) available at the end of the online registration process.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2005 May 20, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you didn't download the Brioso font when you registered, is there a way to still get it? (Our tech guys set up CS on our machines, and apparently didn't download these.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kelli,

Call Adobe customer service and ask.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Called Adobe. Talked to two nice guys. First guy wasn't sure, but kept asking around after he sent me to someone else. That guy told me to just re-register our CS. I did that, and got my new font! There are also a few other goodies to pick from, but we went with the new font.

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool. Thanks for getting back to us.

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kelli,

Glad it worked for you! I was actually going to suggest re-registering the software, but I didn't know if that was an Adobe-approved action. (We hosts gotta be careful what we suggest or we get our knuckles smacked.)

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kelli,

Glad it worked for you! I was actually going to suggest re-registering the software, but I didn't know if that was an Adobe-approved action. (We hosts gotta be careful what we suggest or we get our knuckles rapped.)

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 11, 2005 Jul 11, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil:

Unfortunately the Re-registering trick doesn't always work it didn't for me.

However, thanks to Thomas and David Lemon, I believe that we may have FINALLY got the missing incentives problem sorted out.

Adobe are supposedly going to ship me the font on a CD today.

Let's hope

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2007 May 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to compare the font list posted by LRK to what I have now on my workstation, but I'm unable to get to the web site. Could that be posted again, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2007 May 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Donna,

Be aware that you've added to a two-year-old post, so Linda's link may no longer exist.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2007 May 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a more recent posting that discusses adobe font issues? I loaded the CS version for one colleague, and now she is unable to open many of her existing files due to fonts no longer being available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Donna,

Why are previously installed fonts no longer available? I'm still using fonts I purchased in 1991.

If the fonts were inadvertently deleted, simply get the original font disks or downloads and install them again. If they're installed in a location that is different from where fonts that are currently accessible are, move them. Or link to them if you are using a font manager.

Also, since you're talking about CS, not CS2 or CS3, doesn't Thomas' original post answer your font list question?

I hope this helps.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I loaded the CS version for one colleague, and now she is unable to open many of her existing files due to fonts no longer being available.

On which platform (PC/Mac)? Was this on the same machine, or a different machine? Have any fonts, particularly from the Web, been loaded recently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2007 May 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only possible issue I know of that could have been caused by installing the CS suite is that you might now have two fonts with the same name active at the same time (Eg, Times New Roman, Arial). In such a case, I know InDesign (and possibly other CS apps) will show only one of the fonts, not both, which could cause you to get missing font messages. Otherwise, installing the CS suite or a CS app should not delete or deactivate any existing fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 17, 2007 May 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But uninstalling might delete fonts. At least prior to CS3, it might.

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2009 Jul 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I'm a few years too late, but I'm so ticked at Adobe right now over another matter that I'm gonna vent anyway. This is just one more thing I am annoyed at them for and forgot about. When I purchased CS I had to call about the serial number for the install. Issue was not me, it was them. At that time the woman persuaded me to register the software with her on the phone. I told her I'd rather wait because I wanted the free font (Brioso) that came if I registed it online. She assured me I'd get it when I went to the online registration later. She lied. I wrote them and explained the issue and was told that I couldn't have the free font I was entitled to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 12, 2009 Jul 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You certainly have the right to vent but it is now nearly four years later. Either the "the woman" you refer to (I assume someone at Adobe Customer Support) was wrong about your eligibility for the Brioso Pro font bonus or whoever you wrote to was wrong. Is there something we can help you with now?

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines