• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS3 Indesign PDFs, ligatures not showing up on editor's PC, Hypatia and ArnoPro appearance changed

Participant ,
Jan 31, 2011 Jan 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me for copying this in the Type area also (in addition to Indesign). I was not sure where it belongs.

Hi there. I just redesigned a magazine using the Hypatia Sans family, Avenir family and Arno Pro family. Avenir is the one font I have been using. With both Hypatia and Arno, the ligatures totally drop out of the pdf when viewed on a PC. And, when the editor made the edits in the "comment-able" pdf and sent it back to me, really none of the fonts appear right. Nothing looks like Hypatia or Arno or Avenir. The font flow seems to stay put, but that is about it.

I'm trying to pinpoint this a little tighter. But while I'm doing that, I wanted to put this out here on the discussion boards. Since this is an entire magazine, it's not going to be acceptable to proof it this way. I don't know if I can send a pdf to someone at Adobe to look at and see what they think is happening? I'm not finding much on the boards about this either so I don't know if it's a widespread issue or not.

-K

(I'm noticing some other people with issues with Hypatia and Arno Pro. I need to find a fix for this, literally today. I just spent the $$ to buy the italic parts of Hypatia to go with what came with CS3. If I need to purchase both fonts somehow in order to fix this issue, I really need to know soon...)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2011 Jan 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See my response to your other posting at http://forums.adobe.com/message/3438125.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines