• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS4 fonts?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2008 Sep 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering what new fonts ship with CS4 (Design Premium). Anyone know?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bet Thomas does. Now, whether or not he can tell us is another question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don,

I'd think so. The CS4 cat is out of the bag already. Unless they're still refining the list!

Thomas?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bundle of fonts is more-or-less the same as CS3.

The new thing is that an existing type family, not normally bundled with the Suite, will be a registration incentive.

I'll be posting something on my blog shortly.

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 25, 2008 Sep 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We will look for it. I've gotten a couple of nice fonts through those incentives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I recall, fonts delivered with past registration incentives have been consistently top rank. I look forward to the latest.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://blogs.adobe.com/typblography/2008/09/cs4_fonts.html

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you (and TP) for the list and notes.

I understand that many of these fonts are newer versions than those
distributed with CS3, compiled with later versions of makeotf.lib.

There are probably differences - hopefully additions - in the opentype
features.

- Herb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow my posts to this group are getting the wrong time stamp, 7
hours later than the actual time. Postings to any other news server
are correct.

I'm posting with a mail/news client (NetscapeCommunicator - don't
laugh) with nntp.

- Herb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now THAT one was right! Go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thomas,

Thanks for the list (Bob, too!)

Have any of the included fonts been updated, expanded or otherwise changed since CS3? In other words, is there a reason to reinstall any of them on my system?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 26, 2008 Sep 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that the NNTP server might be the cause of the problem. If it lags in sending the material to Adobe, you would get a slow date. You might also find that the order you see on the NNTP server is different from the web version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 01, 2008 Oct 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALL of the western-language fonts in the Adobe Type Library have been updated since CS3. The updates are mostly very minor bug fixes and the like. The most notable improvement is a few more typefaces supporting arbitrary fractions.

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2008 Oct 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Thomas.<br /><br />I guess I'll be swapping out my fonts! <g> <br /><br />But what about Adobe's Font Folio 11? Is the rest of the library updated? If so, is there an upgrade path?<br /><br />Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Font Folio 11 has all the latest, updated fonts, as well as some newer fonts (since Font Folio OpenType Edition a.k.a. Font Folio 10).

Cheers,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again, Thomas.

One more question: How many fonts are included in CS4 that are not in Font Folio 11?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 03, 2008 Oct 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2008 Oct 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>None.<br /><br />Hmmmm.....no incentive to upgrade and register....<br /><br />Neil <g>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 04, 2008 Oct 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, there *are* other registration incentives beside the fonts, you know. :)

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2008 Oct 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<lol><br /><br />[late post] Not to worry. I will be upgrading to CS4 -- even if I have to "settle" for another option!<br /><br />Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2008 Nov 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone clarify something for me - I have the CS4 Design Premium set and there appear to be 100 plus fonts (from the Goodies - not installed) that I'm guessing are intended to be used at specific pixel heights for web pages. Because I've got over 5000 (legitimate) fonts in my collection, I like to separate out fonts like this, since I don't do much of that kind of work.

I've not found anything documented about these, but was wondering what others are seeing.

One of the collections is listed below:
Ceriph0553.ttf
Ceriph0554.ttf
Ceriph0555.ttf
Ceriph0556.ttf
Ceriph0563.ttf
Ceriph0564.ttf
Ceriph0755.ttf
Ceriph0756.ttf
Ceriph0763.ttf
Ceriph0764.ttf
Ceriph0765.ttf
Ceriph0766.ttf

Each set starts with a simple name, then a series of four numbers and my guess is that the first two correspond to the intended pixel-height the font was designed for - the last two I don't have a guess for.

Can someone clarify what these fonts are intended to be used for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are Web authoring fonts. In addition to Ceriph, I found:
Classic
Copy
Header
Hooge
Iso
Italic
Kroeger
Lettau
Mono
Monoeger
Monooge
Schoenecker
Standard
Type
Uni

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I thought - I'll set them aside - they would be useful in that context, but because they each have so many variations that would be listed by themselves, no fun in the context of font management for print.

My impression is that they really would only be useful within an application that allows specifying fonts by pixel height - which is likely true of Flash, Fireworks, and Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2008 Dec 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you heard about the Obama font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2010 Nov 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Sorry to up this post but I really think there's something very unexpected with the new Font class added to AS3 and which came with CS4.

The point is that JSFL method myTextObject.setTextAttr("face", "MyEmbeddedFont*") doesn't work at all on CS4 but it does work on CS3 (I didn't check on CS5).

What I want to point out here is totally specific to embedded fonts: change the textfield's font for a system font (ex: Times New Roman) through the upper JSFL instruction works perfectly fine on CS3 and CS4.

I'm very disappointed by this issue and would be very grateful if someone could give me a hand to understand why.

Please see the full issue description here : http://forums.adobe.com/message/3305797#3305797

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines