Disappearing Character

Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2010 Nov 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A single character U+06DD is no longer appearing in my Adobe InDesign exported PDF's. It views properly in InDesign CS5 ME and prints properly, but when it is in text exported as a PDF for Print, it disappears. I recently switched from InDesign CS4 ME to InDesign CS5 ME and that could possibly be the cause, but the real question is, how do I get it back? What could be making it disappear?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 23, 2010 Nov 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HJ,

in <http://www.decodeunicode.org/u+06DD> I see a sample and some of my fonts (Arial, Times New Roman) tell me they know that glyph, but there seems to be no representation that PopChar can show me.

Anyway, I guess your question should be asked in an InDesign forum.

BTW, is the character handled OK by other software on that machine? Have colleagues with similar setups the same problem?

- Michael

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2010 Nov 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the first time I've turned to forums for an answer and I am quite pleased and surprised at the quick helpful responses (I posted to multiple forums, not knowing who best to ask for help.) I am told by the Tasmeem plug-in people that my problem is a bug they are working on. It does seem that an article another forum pointed me to might be related to the issue as well. http://typophile.com/node/75936  So I guess my solution is to work from the harddrive I cloned just before upgrading until the folks upstairs fix things.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines