• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disk 3 of CS6 Production Premium includes a Fonts folder. Do I need to install or copy it?

New Here ,
May 29, 2013 May 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm in the process of installing CS6 Production Premium. Disks 1 and 2 installed fine but I'm confused by the disk labelled "Content and Installation Help". It has a folder labelled "Fonts" but it does not contain a "Set-up" application, unlike the other three folders on the disk, i.e. "Adobe CS6 Speech Analysis Models", "Adobe Encore CS6 Functional Content", and "Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Functional Content".

I can't get the top-level autorun program to work and the Installation Instructions are too generic to help, so am I supposed to do something with the Fonts folder like install it (how?) or copy it (where?), or is it accessed by one or more "Set-up" programs on the disk?

If it matters, I have already run the two Set-up programs in the Encore and Premium Pro Functional Content folders, but none of the Set-up programs in the Speech Analysis Models folder. I have no idea if I need any of the latter or what to do with them, especially since they're for languages other than English.

Thanks!

Audios

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2013 May 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fonts belong into your system's font folder:

Important Directories

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2013 May 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that's very helpful.

I've done a folder comparison between what's on the installation disk and what's currently installed in my C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Fonts folder. Almost 50 on-disk fonts weren't installed while approximately 50 others already exist but are slightly different in size, sometimes smaller and sometimes larger. For instance, HoboStd.otf on disk is 32,648 bytes as compared to 31,040 already installed (with a date of 9/21/2011, possibly from a previous installation of Premiere Elements 8 or 9).

Two questions:

1. How do I install the fonts? Do I simply drag them into the above drive C: Fonts folder and overwrite the existing fonts or is there an installation program that I'm supposed to run?

2. Will older Adobe programs have trouble working with the new fonts since they are different in size? If so, do I need to make both available by renaming the old or new fonts or by some other means?

Thanks!

Audios

p.s. I suggest someone add this info to the on-disk installation instructions. It seems rather important!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Type forum.

AudiosBro the fonts stored in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Fonts folder will only be available to Adobe Creative applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the speedy reply and the info about which programs can access them, but I'm still left wondering:

1. How do I install the fonts? Do I simply drag  them into the above drive C: Fonts folder and overwrite the existing  fonts or is there an installation program that I'm supposed to run?

2.  Will older Adobe programs have trouble working with the new fonts since  they are different in size? If so, do I need to make both available by  renaming the old or new fonts or by some other means?

Regards,

Audios

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines