• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anybody have any info on Carol Twombly?

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2007 Nov 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know my question is probably out of place. I'm researching her for my typography class. Having a tough time finding recent information on Carol. I was able to find things about her past and what she has designed. I know she did work for Adobe, so I figured I'd try.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 04, 2007 Nov 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carol retired from Adobe and type design in the spring of 1999. I have a photo of her (with me and Christopher Slye) taken on her last day at Adobe. She moved a bit north of the Bay Area, and set to work doing textile-based design, and I think some jewelry design as well. She is not yet ready to show any of that work in any highly public way.

Carol left Adobe primarily because the company just kept on growing and she just isn't comfortable in a large corporate environment. Working on her own seems to be much more her pace.

Although she has ceased doing any new typeface designs, Carol does still consult and offers direction on extensions being done to her previous Adobe typefaces. This continues to be true; I have recently been internally circulating a proposal to add some additional weights and language support to one of her typefaces, and she expressed her willingness to be involved and her opinions on the specific proposals.

Regards,

T

Thomas Phinney
Product Manager
Fonts & Global Typography
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2008 Feb 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way I can get a hold of that picture, could you send it to me via e-mail?

I am also doing a paper on her.

Thank you!

Gabrielle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 28, 2008 Feb 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent. I had forgotten that Jim Wasco was in the picture as well.

Cheers,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2008 Mar 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again Thank you very much! this was the only picture I was able to use of her!

Gabrielle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 11, 2008 Mar 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. Glad to be of assistance.

Cheers,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2008 May 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I too am doing a design project on Carol Twombly and was wondering if I could have the documented picture as well.

twentysix26@juno.com

Thanks for any all help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2008 Oct 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I' am also trying to get as much information as I can on Carol Twombly and particularly her typeface Chaparral. If anyone has any information and images, this would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Simon F

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2008 Oct 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm trying to track down an article about Carol Twombly and her typeface Lithos. I read it about 10 years ago in a design magazine. It went into a lot of detail about the background and development of the design... I'm writing a theory assignment (on Lithos) and would be grateful for any leads to this article or others that might be handy.

(Although I'm a big admirer of her work, I don't need a photo!)

Thanks for any help,

Pat M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 13, 2008 Oct 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Australian magazine Design Graphics ran a piece on Carol Twombly in their issue #4, around 1994 or thereabouts. Big article, very good though it only covered the first half of her type design career.

Regards,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2008 Nov 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Thomas,

I'm also doing a fanzine on Carol Twombly and wanted to ask you if you could provide me with the picture you were talking about to nidal.houchaime@mymail.aud.edu? It would help me a lot! Thanks!

Regards,

Nidal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2008 Nov 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Thomas,
I also require an image of Carol for a school assignment. If you could forward the image to etherealed@gmail.com, it would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks!
Lynsey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2008 Nov 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Go to google.com, then click on images, and enter Carol Twombly.

- Herb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines